Thursday, May 26, 2016

Interview With Lori Silverman

Screen shot 2016-05-18 at 4.18.25 PM
Let’s talk about Lori Silverman, a woman who uses inspiration from colors, flowers, and her dreams to make some of today’s most wanted shoes.

The American shoe designer just launched her label for Spring 2016 with a marvelous collection that utilizes a unique technique she invented – and patented – in which she embellishes the soles of her shoes with Swarovski crystals, pearls, studs, and patterned crystals. It’s truly fabulous. Her shoes are pieces of art, but absolutely wearable.

Stars like Carrie Underwood, Kelly Osbourne, Serayah McNeill, Pamela Anderson, Lily Aldridge (on the cover of LUI) have already worn these amazing shoes.

I recently had an opportunity to interview Lori Silverman about what makes her design so unique.

FoR: What makes your shoes different are the soles embellished with Swarovski crystals. Tell us a little about how and why you came up with this treatment.

LS: Yes, my shoes are unique and differ from all others in the marketplace. For years, I have wondered why the most fashionable people on earth, wearing the most expensive shoes, put up with the immediate wear and tear on the soles of these “quality” products. I would see editors sitting cross legged at fashion shows and their scuffed up soles totally ruined their otherwise perfect ensembles. I knew this was an opportunity to create something completely ignored in the shoe industry and not only make the soles more durable but creative as well and my signature sole was born!

FoR: What keeps the crystals from falling off when a woman walks?

LS: I worked closely with a shoe engineer to develop a balance between comfort and style. The crystals are set in a very particular way and are applied to the soles using a proprietary heat process. In addition, the crystals are protected by an almost invisible polymer so that they never touch the ground.

FoR: What inspired you to decorate the soles of shoes in your collection?

LS: What can I say, I love a total look!!! People pay so much attention to their hair, jewelry, clothing, nails, it just seems like a perfect extension to want to make every inch of your being gorgeous and creative.

FoR: We’ve already seen several patterns of crystals such as zebra stripes, camouflage, and leopard. What other patterns can we expect to see in the future?

LS: I have many patterns/designs that are patented and trademarked, and will introduce them one at a time. For next season, I am introducing an Ombre crystal shoe…. and doing a mirror image Ombre on the sole. This is going to be an amazing, luxurious shoe and the first time that anyone has ever made a shoe like this.

FoR: Several celebrities have already been spotted with your shoes in the short amount of time that you’ve been in business. What celebrity would you like to see in Lori Silverman shoes in the future?

LS: I have been very fortunate that the celebrities that have seen my shoes have loved and worn them. I would love to see Jennifer Lopez, Taylor Swift, Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid rocking my shoes. I would also love to see Melissa Rivers in my “Joan” Pointy-Toe Pump which I named in honor of the great Joan Rivers….

FoR: What kind of woman do you design for?

LS: I design shoes for women with style and elegance who have a keen appreciation and eye for detail. No Sole Overlooked!

FoR: Where do you get inspiration?

LS: I am inspired by many things…. the change of season, colors that are trending, a beautiful flower, the shape of a cloud, etc. Believe it or not, I even get inspired when I dream.

FoR: Do you have any plans in the future to release a collection that’s a mix of high heels and maybe like some fun flats for summer?

LS: Yes, for sure. I am currently introducing my FW 2016 collection which includes flats and a mid-sized heel. Of course they will have my signature soles but I feel that women do not need to be in heels to be stylish and elegant (although my first love will always be a sky-high stiletto! LOL).

Thanks so much to Lori Silverman for speaking with Fashion on Rock. Her fabulous collection is available at Fred Segal and LoriSilvermanShoes.com. Be sure to check them out.
 Lily-Aldridge-Hot-Lui-March-2016-Pictures01

Generated by  IJG JPEG Library


No comments: