Saturday, April 23, 2016

Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil live in Concert

12940685_228919877471164_1427277782_n
Last Saturday was one of the most amazing days in my life. I was extremely blessed to watch two of the greatest Brazilian musicians, Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil, perform in concert.

As you may know, I grew up in Brazil. Throughout my childhood, I listened to these giants of Brazilian music. It has always been my dream to be able to see them live. It was spectacular to finally have that dream come true. It was a stunning concert, which they performed with only two guitars. I guess that’s all you need when you’re a legend.

After the concert, my friends and I were able to go backstage. That beautiful gift was made possible to us by the kind and generous Steven Machat. I cannot thank him enough for that – so all I can say is this – I have your back Mr. Machat and will be there for you too. I will carry that moment in my heart forever and smile every time I think about it.

No comments: