Thursday, June 6, 2019

Madonna is the Cover of The New York Times Magazine June 2019 Issue by JR.




The Queen Madonna is the Cover  of The New York Times Magazine June 2019 Issue by JR. Looking  through a 1991 photo of herself  by the legendary photographer  Steven Meisel.

Madonna was styled by  Eyob Yoannes,  hair by Nicola Clark, and make by  Isamaya French.

A woman fearlessly expressing herself and saying, ‘I’m encouraging all of you to be independent, to speak your mind, to express your sexuality freely without shame, to not allow men to objectify you, to objectify yourself’ — I don’t know. All of those things seemed like the natural way of where we should be going. And strangely, a lot of feminists criticized me for it, and I got no support from that group. They thought, Well, you can’t use your sexuality to empower yourself as a female, which I think is rubbish, because that’s part of who I am and part of me as a female and a human being, my sexuality. That’s not the only thing, that wasn’t my only weapon and that wasn’t the only thing I was talking about.” – Madonna for The New York Times

No comments: